Where is Hikmah International School (HIS) located?
- • Hikmah International School is located on 80 feet road, Koramangala 6th block
- • It is situated at a distance of 4.5 Kilometers from MG Road
- • 3.5 Km from HSR layout BDA complex
- • 5 KM from Jayanagar BDA Complex
- • 4.5 KM from Basvanagudi (RV Road)
- • 3 KM from BTM Layout
- • Overall it is well within Bangalore city and easily accessible within a radius of 10 kilometers
How does HIS differ from other schools?
- Hikmah International School is quite different from most of the other schools for the following reasons.
- Hikmah International School follows the Cambridge international education system IGCSE syllabus along with Islamic/ Moral Studies and provides excellence in academic and non-academic activities so as to mould a child into a wholesome personality. The School is committed at providing a unique education palette that facilitates original methodologies to promote learning with an activity focused curriculum that is designed to bring out critical thinking, it is our constant endeavor to make education increasingly child-friendly and applicability based.
- We are committed at infusing our students with the qualities and skills necessary to become poised and independent individuals prepared for the responsibilities of adult life and their own well-being within the preview of righteousness. Therefore we have adopted original learning methodologies wherein we teach students various concepts and life skill principles in the playground as they play. In simple words we bring the playground into the classroom or the vice versa. Through these efforts we establish high self-esteem in a caring and cooperative environment in order to nurture fine sensibilities that help our students develop the capability to assess, analyze a situation and make the finest decision. It is exactly these skills that differentiate our methodology from most others, thus empowering children to be a leader right from a young age.
What Accreditations does HIS follow?
- Hikmah International School follows an IGCSE school curriculum. The curriculum is based on the guidelines provided by the IGCSE (Cambridge International Examinations) Boards of Education.
- However, we have adopted various methodologies of instruction wherein we have finely blended the EFL education system into the curriculum along with activity based system of learning. This custom-built curriculum is highly pragmatic, appropriate, activity-oriented and based on multi-layered, multidisciplinary teaching approaches.
What is curriculum? What curriculum does HIS follow?
- A curriculum (plural: curricula or curriculums) is broadly defined as the totality of student experiments that occur in the educational process. The term often refers specifically to a planned sequence of instruction, or to a view of the student's experiences in terms of the educator's or schools instructional goals.
- Hikmah International School adopts a thematic and activity based approach where learning is based on enquiry and experience. Children acquire knowledge through a variety of activities that are designed to bring out highly pragmatic, critical thinking, it is our constant endeavor to make education increasingly child-friendly and applicability based.
When do admissions begin?
- Admissions begin from April 2017 and go all the way up to 15th of June 2017. However, the closing date can vary based on availability of seats.
How can I get an admission?
- Hikmah International School admission process is simple and transparent. We believe that every child is special and has a unique distinctive character. Therefore, we place great emphasis at assessing the child along with his/ her parents or authorized guardians.
- For more details on the process kindly click on the link:
What is the typical admission assesment like?
- We do not hold interviews, however, we do meet with the parents/ guardians and the family to have an interaction. Our faculty along with our certified student counselor is able to understand each child's strength and provide any important inputs about the child so that we could nurture the child's strength and help them overcome their weakness. Furthermore an interaction with the parents/ authorized guardians permits us to understand them, their educational background, enthusiasm in terms of being active in the child's development and what they intend for their children.
What are the admissions criteria?
- Hikmah International School is very passionate about making in a positive difference in the lives of the children that take admissions at HIS. Therefore, we look forward to parents and a family that subscribe to our thought processes and approach towards education. We give preference to siblings, children who live in proximity to the school, and those who have a passion for excellence.
What is the admission procedure?
- Click on link for details:
What is the age for admission?
- Age limit of the child for admission to the following classes is as follows:
- • Pre Nursery (2.9yrs - 3.8yrs)
- • LKG (3.9yrs - 4.8yrs)
- • UKG (4.9yrs - 5.8yrs)
- • 1st std (5.9yrs - 6.8yrs)
What are the school timings?
- • Pre. KG (8:00Am to 12:00Pm)
- • Jr. KG (8:00Am to 12:00Pm)
- • Sr. KG (8:00Am to 12:00Pm)
- • Grade 1 (8:00Am to 3:00Pm)
- • Grade 2 (8:00Am to 3:00Pm)
- • Grade 3 (8:00Am to 3:00Pm)
- • Grade 4 (8:00Am to 3:00Pm)
- • Grade 5 (8:00Am to 3:00Pm)